- Those borrowers that are in receipt of Centrelink payments can acquire advances on their Centrelink re payments.
- No interest loans вЂ“for individuals on low incomes that have a Centrelink Concession Card, NILS provides loans as much as $1200 (or even more in unique circumstances) to shop for household that is essential.
- Low-value interest loans вЂ“ individuals on low incomes can be qualified to receive loans of between $800 or over to $3000 through community providers across numerous elements of Australia. The loans are offered for individual, domestic or home purposes such as for example fridges, vehicles, computer systems, furniture, medical costs and household repairs.
- Negotiating with existing creditors вЂ“ customers can buy independent free suggestions about your options to deal with their monetary issues through economic counsellors. They are able to find their nearest counsellor that is financial ringing the free hotline on 1800 007 007 from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
- Looking for difficulty relief with a computer program provider – customers having difficulty spending a water, phone, gasoline or electricity bill, speak to your energy provider and inquire to talk to ‘hardship’ officers who is able to assist them to work a plan out to pay for their bill in instalments.
The government has also been examining ways to make these alternatives more accessible to consumers, and will be releasing a discussion paper in the next 3 months, with more detailed proposals as part of these reforms.